If you are familiar with homebrewing, chances are you have already got yourself acquainted with tubing. There are times when it proves to be a blessing that saves you from lifting 5 gallons of liquid. Other times, it proves to be a curse when you need to siphon it into a carboy only to get the realization that the end of the tubing is curled up. And, you end up shooting beer across the kitchen.
Tubing can be the best resort for homebrewing. And, you can get tubing for home brewing in different sizes and varieties. Although it is not a big deal when purchasing a tool for your brewing arsenal, you still require decisions to be made. Every time you purchase a new gadget that needs tubing, you need to take the call. Check the detailed product reviews below for our list of the best.
Best tubing for home brewing
|Product Image||Product Name||D&B Rating||Price Range||Shop Now|
|Top||Clear Vinyl Tubing Food Grade Multipurpose Tube||4.5 / 5||$$||Check Price|
|FastRack Food Grade Vinyl Tubing||4.5 / 5||$||Check Price|
|JoyTube Food Grade Silicon Tubing||4.3 / 5||$$$||Check Price|
|Quickun Silicone Tubing||4.2 / 5||$$||Check Price|
|SENSTREE Home Brewing and Winemaking Silicone Tubing||4.0 / 5||$$||Click Here|
|Quickun Pure Thin Silicone Tubing||4.0 / 5||$$$||Check Price|
Detailed Product Reviews
With so many options for tubing available, chances are you can mistake selecting the wrong one for brewing. This is where you can use this practical guide to select the best tubing for home brewing.
- PROS: The product has nice thick walled tubing and is completely food safe, comes in various lengths to choose from and has a tight fit for a perfect pour, the lines have no odor and are simple to clean. CONS: The tube can get stiff especially when cold.
- PROS: Can easily hold vacuum suction, the tubing has little to no odor and is extremely simple to clean, it appears to be rigid with tendency to resist kinks and bends easily. CONS: Some people complain that the tubing arrives kinked and has a strong plastic odor.
- PROS: This silicone tubing is very flexible, manageable, and simple to connect to the auto-siphon, the tubing can easily withstand high temperatures, can be easily cleaned and sterilized, its fairly soft and coils up easily without kinking or breaking. CONS: The tubing has no memory and gradually returns to its original coiled shape.
- PROS: The silicone tube can withstand high temperatures without bending, it is highly flexible and has a good wall thickness, it is low-cost and a good-value product that can be used in for other processes as well. CONS: The tubing has a slight odor when it arrives, and you will need to wash it several times before using it, the product lacks the elasticity of pure silicone.
- PROS: It comes with a wide range of tube sizes to choose from, it is on the softer side so clamps work well on it, made of silicone so it doesn't stain, and the tubing fits snugly on the ferment bucket valve/spout. CONS: A bit on the expensive side.
- PROS: This tube can withstand extremely hot and steamy temperatures without collapsing. This food grade tubing does not remain coiled, does not leak or slip off, and is simple to cut and use. CONS: The exterior of the tubing remains sticky even after cleaning, the tube is soft and is not suitable for high pressures.