Typically pH strips come in handy regularly in chemical-related reactions or tests. A pH test strip is a litmus paper utilized to measure and test the pH value of a specific type of liquid.
Irrespective of whether the chemical makeup of the liquid is acidic or alkaline, the pH measuring strip will transform its color to provide you with valuable insights pertaining to the pH levels of that specific liquid.
pH strips are generally seen as a relatively cost-effective way of measuring pH values. This is especially the case for measuring liquids. A pH test strip comprises a chemical substance that makes it sensitive and receptive enough to provide information on a liquid’s chemical makeup.
On top of this, pH measurements with the help of strips are done with the help of a specific kind of range. This range utilized to control this process is termed the pH scale range, which runs between 0 to 14. Here, 0 to 6 indicates Acidic, 7 indicates Neutral, while 8 to 14 indicates Alkaline. Check the detailed product reviews below for our list of the best.
Best pH strips for Homebrewing
|Product Image||Product Name||D&B Rating||Price Range||Shop Now|
|Top||Universal pH Test Paper Strips||4.2 / 5||$$$||Check Price|
|pH Test Strips by Med Lab Diagnostics Store||4.2 / 5||$$$||Check Price|
|16 in 1 Drinking Water pH testing Kit||4.2 / 5||$$||Check Price|
|pH Test Strips by LabAider||4.0 / 5||$$||Check Price|
|Plastic pH Test Strips||4.0 / 5||$||Click Here|
|WooAwesome Litmus pH Test Strips||4.0 / 5||$$$||Check Price|
Detailed Product Reviews
With so many different types of pH strips available in the market for homebrewing, it becomes challenging to select the best pH strips for homebrewing. But don’t worry, as by the time you finish this write-up you will have ample information to make the final decision on zeroing in on the best pH strips for homebrewing.
- PROS: The strips are very simple and easy to use, they are pretty accurate and provide instant results, inexpensive and a great value for money, the product is very well packaged so you don't have to worry about moisture. CONS: There are no instructions for appropriate usage of the strips, the container the strips come in can sometimes be hard to open.
- PROS: There are 4 pads on each strip that make it easy to see pH very accurately, the strips are disposable, these strips are definitely cheap and a good value for money, the color chart given is also easy to understand. CONS:- The coating smears quickly after getting wet, and the instructions are insufficient to make the most use of the strips.
- PROS: Very simple to use and precise, easy to comprehend, the results are immediately available, there are 10 packs of 10 strips containing 100 strips that will surely last a long time, these are an inexpensive way to find the pH of your drink. CONS: It is sometimes difficult to differentiate between the colors/levels.
- PROS: Very inexpensive, operates the same as any other pH strip, is simple to use and understand and covers the full pH range, comes packed in a small matchbook for easy use and you get 240 strips in the package that will definitely last a long time. CONS: You have to compare the results quickly in order to get a pretty accurate result.
- PROS: These strips are extremely precise and provide immediate results, even at close range level the strips clearly distinguish, can be used for pretty much any liquid, or even semi-solid. CONS: The strips do not come in a factory-sealed container thus additional care must be taken to keep it moistureproof, and there are not much instruction included.
- PROS: The strips are fairly accurate, easy to read and a great value for money, and it also comes with easy-to-follow directions. CONS: These strips are susceptible to moisture, a more accurate pH scale is needed to make the most out of the readings.