Have you mastered the art of extracting beer? If yes, then you might be ready for all-grain brewing. This means it’s time to purchase a mash tuns. All-grain brewing is a lot different than brewing from extracts. It’s also quite an arduous task and requires a few extra steps. This means you’ll also need additional equipment.
The major difference between extract and all-grain brewing is you don’t employ a mash extract syrup. Instead, you get the starches, flavor, and color from mashing grain yourself. You also need to get rid of the grain before you boil the wort. The mash tun is a vessel that houses the conversion of starches into sugar. During the conversion process, it’s crucial to keep a constant temperature. This is the reason for which mash tuns are usually insulated. Check the detailed product reviews below for our best picks.
Best Mash Tuns
|Product Image||Product Name||D&B Rating||Price Range||Shop Now|
|Top||GasOne 16 Gallon Stainless Steel Home Brew Kettle Pot||4.5 / 5||$||Check Price|
|Brewer's Edge Mash and Boil||4.5 / 5||$$||Check Price|
|CONCORD Polished Stainless Steel Stock Pot Brewing Beer Kettle Mash Tun||4.5 / 5||$$||Check Price|
|Learn To Brew Mash Tun||4.5 / 5||$$$||Check Price|
|Bayou Classic 10 gallon Brew Kettle Set||4.3 / 5||$||Click Here|
|Northern Brewer - Insulated Cooler All Grain Beer Brewing Kits||4.2 / 5||$$||Check Price|
Detailed Product Reviews
With so many suitable mash tuns for making beer at home, you need to opt for the one that meets your needs. We have provided a list of the best mash tuns for making beer at home that are on the market to make that easier. After reading these reviews, we hope that you will be able to select the best mash tuns for making beer at home. Let’s get started.
- PROS: The tun perfectly maintains the mash temperature, has scale markings to easily keep track of measurements, despite its big size it's very simple to clean. CONS: The sides are thin which give the mash tun a slightly lower quality feel, there are no installation instructions.
- PROS: Powerful enough to maintain the temperature for a long period of time, has a distilling lid that works perfectly, easy to clean. CONS: While filtering the false bottom may get clogged.
- PROS: The tun is very well-made with sturdy handles, can brew up to a 5-gallon recipe easily, provides great heat distribution, CONS: There are no volume markings on the inside to help you determine how much liquid is in there.
- PROS: The mash tun maintains a consistent temperature for an hour, the false bottom saves space and is very efficient, does not leak even after brewing many batches. CONS: The product is not assembled which means you will have to assemble it yourself, grains sometimes get stuck beneath the false bottom clogging the spigot.
- PROS: There is plenty of space for brewing a 5-gallon batch, it doesn't leak, the pot is extremely light, the thermometer is pretty accurate at room temperature. CONS: It must be heated slowly on the stovetop to avoid the bottom of the pot expanding and becoming unstable.
- PROS: The product is simple to put together, comes with detailed and easy to understand instructions, maintains the desired temperatures perfectly. CONS: The grains can sometimes seep through the false bottom, causing stuck sparges.